Thursday, August 20, 2015

Drying some Apples






Having survived the annual zucchini onslaught, I know find myself fairly mired in tomatoes. My garden is good.
Image result for presto dehydratorAdding to all of this, I have been given a lovely pile of apples. It's always feast or famine around here. So, I stopped by Amazon, and ordered my very first FOOD DEHYDRATOR! A PRESTO Dehydro electric.
Since my kitchen table is presently covered in apples, I have chosen dried apple slices as my first attempt. My husband Charles can also enjoy them as an energizing snack throughout his workday.
My Dehydro comes with a handy little instruction booklet with basic directions for most types of foods.
Apples must be pretreated to prevent browning. I have a lemon tree, so I will soak my apple slices in a lemon water solution prior to drying.
The drying process will take 3-8 hours, and I will update this blog as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment